Monday, July 29, 2013

Ohhh that's what sewing looks like

What a weekend.
Oh baby what a weekend!

I finished my #ALYoF mini quilt {I'll show that off the next few days}

Binding binding binding #ALYoF

On Sunday, I was sure that I was sick!  Since I decided to press and cut out a Nordika quilt.  I'm still in shock since I've only had this fabric in my house since last Thursday.  I got this from the fantastic Julie at The Intrepid Thread.

Since it's Jeni Baker's fabric, I've chosen to make up a larger version of her tutorials

 

So I made this block {my favorite so far}

Oh my I'm in love with this line.  Thank you @jenib320  for a fantastic line and great tutorial

And this

I can't stop #nordika

And this one

3 in a day. I suppose I need to clear my design wall to adorn these beauties on it. #nordika

Look at these beauties!  I'm in love! I had to stop! Although you can see one more block is nearly ready to sew up.

I would rather spend my Monday working on these.  I guess I better go make some bacon instead.

I was "forced" into finish up this hourglass quilt-top to get it off my design wall! {You can see it peaking out behind the first two photos above.}

Had to finish this quilt top to get it off my design wall. Ohhhh darn. It's been a fantastically quilty weekend. ♡♥♡♥

Since this is made from 2 charm pack's I got before yardage was available, I'll be looking for some great simply color yardage for the backing of this beauty.  But for now it goes into my ever growing WIP pile. 

Now it's Monday - sigh. 

If you finished your 'A Lovely Year of Finishes' July project, you have until Wednesday to link-up here.



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love some of the blocks from Jeni Baker's half square triangle BOM. I have one of the blocks made as well. Your 3 blocks turned out cute! I really need to get back to mine! I love your hourglass quilt. The hourglass block is my favorite for some reason! I just love making them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your Nordika fabrics are looking. They are on my wish list and I may have to steal your idea since her BOM has caught my eye on more than one occasion. Two birds, one stone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Nordika blocks are fantastic! I really like this collection even more after seeing it sewn up so beautifully. Your quilt it going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, way to show restraint with that fabric *snort* Looks great though!

    ReplyDelete

I {love} comments. . .
Don't worry if you're comment doesn't show up - I approve all comments before they are published {it forces me to read them}